December 15, 2007

Clearing Contacts

The one thing I did find to do without giving myself agita, was the clearing of my phone book. It had to be done sooner or later, perferably in a quick and business-like fashion, rather then sentimentally, shedding tears while remembering events long ago. No. It has to be like removing a bandage, quick, and in one go. Let's see.

First person to get the chop was Aaron. I believe his last name was a beverage of some sort. He was my best friend in primary school and now that I think back, he was the only other Chinese student my grade. Weird. A sullen fellow. I have not spoken to him in ages. Looks like I never will.

Andy. I think he was either that fat kid in school, or the younger brother of another friend. Either way, its not really important, is it? Bye Andy, whoever you are.

Alexander. Yes I remember this fellow. Formerly a close friend, still see him around college. But apart from a passing "hi" in the hallways, I won't be needing this number anymore. Sorry old chap.

No "B"s. Maybe B is not a common name?

Chai. Probably the same Chai as the other 2 numbers, Chai's Hse, and Chai's 2nd. Could you think of a more oriental name? Still, we're still close, and he is still invited out on VI outings so I suppose you can stay, but not all of you. Only one of you can remain. Ok, two, but that's my last offer. Gosh I'm getting sentimental. Must hurry on.

Clinic. Seems important. Fax. Since I still can't remember my fax number I guess I can't erase you either. Golden Screen Cinemas. Fine you can stay. Although there is never aline at the Gold Class ticket counter anyway. Home. I can remember you, but if I were to lose my phone, perhaps a kind soul would ring you up? Kiara Club. Not important, but its nice to keep, isn't it? Maxis. Gosh, I can't remember the last time I rang you up. Still best kept for a rainy day.

And now we are at the "M"s. My goodness there are a lot of you Mr and Mrs. I guess as a student you need to call them that, but as secondary school teachers, I don't need yo lot anymore. This is for all the homework and assignments, and for everythime you displayed my work as a bad example. Begone foul megabytes!

Gosh that felt good.

Police hotline. My dad put you on this list. Why would I want to ring you up to hear, "Untuk Bahasa Melayu, sila tekan satu. For English, press two. - To report an act of vandalism, press one. To report a case of corruption, press two." and so on. I believe dialing 999 would prompt a faster responce. You can retire. There is someone younger and faster that would do your job for a third of the digits.

Phew. Even ignoring all the current friends and moving only to inanimate contacts has worn me out. I must leave this for another day. And to think I still have to clear the dead weight from my contacts list on Windows Live Messenger.

No comments: