September 11, 2007

My Computer

I love my computer. Its elegant, productive and very powerful. It has a 1.3 megapixel video cam with a built-in microphone, and 14.1 inch wide screen. It is built out of magnesium alloy that amazingly feels cheap and plasticky, which is important to maintain that humility necessary in life.

More importantly my computer has never broken down, although its owner has, on occasion. For example when I found out the WiFi keeps shutting down after a while, the day after I bought the damn thing. It still does. Eventually I have created a system; I start writing on my blog. When the Internet cuts off, I go borrow my sister's computer. Its a system that has not failed me.

It also has a heating problem where all the hot air in the machine it vented out through 15 holes on the right of the computer, near where my mouse is. After prolonged usage, (oh I don't know, about 17 seconds), the air it blows out reach superheated levels, and the mere contact with the air is enough to scald your skin. That could be annoying after sometime.

There are some other issues too. The CD player only works as long as the WiFi does, so no movies then. The multi card reader has bugs in it, resulting only in it being able to read SD cards, one USB port works, although sometimes it doesn't, and the earphone jack absolutely refuses to hold the plug in place.

But enough of the horror stories. I have bought a cooling fan and reconfigured my house Internet so it is working now. I'm not always there when its on though......

At least the electirc cable is long enough. Thats what really matters, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.... What a jacked up computer.

Crab in the sand said...

It's a wonder the computer is not on the way to the dumpster. I still remember the day on chinese new year when I was invited to your house and we were talking about sims 2 when one of your friend (that one guy who had his pants almost pulled down by a girl who's not even half his age.) annoyed you coz you felt left out about the fact that we were talking about maple story. Anywayz, really now, Is your computer THAT bad or is it because you leave it on particularly 60 minutes an hour, 24 hourrs a day, 7 days a week? or do I sense award winning sarcasm? xDD