July 06, 2007

Working Out

Well, I finally went to the gym today. I seen all of the brochures, seen the advertisements, and watched the movies so I think I know everything. Undoubtedly, someone like me will get disappointed. The first disappointment comes when you find out there is only one personal trainer. The second hits you when you realise its a guy.

Well, today we took it easy. just some light jogging. I requested we take it easy because, god help me, there will be nothing to stop me from walking out if the going gets tough. Or moderately challenging. Or slightly irritating. Lets put it this way. If there is an irritating fly buzzing around the TV screen, I'm gone. All said and done, I rather be sitting then standing.

At the gym you see different people. While most people are truly fit, (I hate you guys), there are some who are there bullshitting themselves that they are getting thinner, when just after working out, they go for a nasi dagang with the works.

What is bullshit? Bullshit is something that is not true, but you wish is true. that said, bullshit is hope. Hopefully I will talk more about this in future posts, and that's no bullshit.

But what about those who are genuinely fit? Those with more muscles then actually needed? what are they doing there? Making me look bad, that's what they are doing. seriously, one you have that muscle that runs from behind your ear to the bottom of your neck, you're done. What are you still doing here? Why not go enjoy a steak or something.

Still, I am going back tomorrow, to start the training for real. Who would have guessed that I would be actually exercising!

God help me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, you are more complicated than I thought you are....and drag racing is fun !

Anonymous said...

O yea! AND STOP CUSSING! :@