July 05, 2007

Bus Ride of Hell

Wow. Its been 3 weeks since I last posted anything. Many things have happened to me this week. My flight touched down on Sunday, went to college for the first time on Monday, sat on a bus for the first time on Wednesday, missed the bus on Thursday.

Speaking of the bus ride, did I mention it was my first time ever? For someone accustomed to being driven everywhere, 4 star-hotels, and business class lounges, taking public transportation can be a very daunting task. so I got on this steel coffin with wheels. We had to switch buses twice, one driver passing us on to another. I felt more passed on then a syringe in a drug addict's conference.

The worse part was when the bus driver decided to drag race another bus. As I said, I never rode in a bus before, but this struck me as slightly unorthodox. the bus did 0 to 60 in a mere 11 seconds. should I be proud that my bus won?

I could view this bus ride as an adventure. After all, I am all for positive thinking. The joy of travelling to places unknown, meeting new people, all in something I have never been in. But, just like I could get a vasectomy, I am not going to. As far as I am concerned, there is no worse way of travelling then on a bus. I sympathise with those who use this barbaric form of transportation.

Because I am now one of you. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u think sitting on a bus is bad? wait till u ride the ktm =P
well, im being honest here. i LURVE reading ur blog. this is my first time in ur site and im already hooked on it. and trust me, i never get hooked on anything so easily.
u really are good at writing, u noe that?
ahaha
so yea....
take care u

loves,
lisa