September 07, 2007

Friends, Neighbours, Countrymen/women

I suppose its time to pay homage to my friends, who have blogs of their own, (websites in your name that are only updated once every 10 years do not count, Vincent). Most friends do this by adding a list of their friends blogs at the side of their own page, but I want something less permanent. So here goes.

In alphabetical order;

My friend Ashvin (http://www.ashvindersingh.blogspot.com/). I met him at my school's prom. we were both dateless, so we hung about outside the hall and chatted. Upon finding out that we had similar interests, we exchanged phone numbers and e-mail addresses and parted ways. We kinda forgot about each other after that, until I invited him over to my place for a party. As I was in the car to the KTM station to pick him up, I was desperately hoping that our friend Chai was with him, as I had forgotten what Ashvind looked like. Thankfully he was.

This is a man whose goal in life is to be arrested by the ISA, which I have to admit, is very cool. I look forward to seeing you at my next BBQ.

Then there is my friend Chai, who has no blog, but still deserves some mention. I can't blame him for not having a blog, his language skill are somewhat lacking. Nevertheless, he is as sharp as a knife, and just as deadly, as anyone who has met him on the rugby field can attest to. He did have the audacity to call me during my advertising plan presentation in college to inform me of his opinion on why Scomi Engineering Inc jumped 20% in a day, (who would have thought it was politically linked? Not me).

He was also the guy I sat next to in high school, and whose tests I would copy. Except for English, which would be self-defeating, akin to shooting one's self in the foot.

My old friend Lisa, and when I mean old I mean OLD, (she's like, 40 minutes older then me!). We met about 7 million years ago but we never talked. Met her on the bus home from college. Now we can't shut up. Her blog address is (http://lisarsenal.blogspot.com/). No prizes for guessing her favorite football team.

My self-professed "public relations manager" Siyan, (http://www.in-a-capsule.blogspot.com/). Whose lecture eventually led to the creation of my ChatBox, leading to proof of the traffic numbers to my blog, but resulted in the subsequent decline in comment numbers. You can't win them all. See you at the next reunion.

That's it. Now you know.

No comments: