January 17, 2007

Wonderful Snow? Hah!

I added another item to my hate list today. There was no elaborate ceremony. It just occurred, in the moment. Here's how it happened:

I went to school today. I was wearing a long sleeves shirt with a sweater. I went to get my timetable. And I made chorale, which seems to be Advanced choir. everyone sang like angels. The students there then took me to lunch. They have Dominos pizza there! That's cool.

So far, it may seem like I'm having a wonderful time. Yes, I am. Nevertheless, behind his exterior of friendly people, interesting classes and good food, there lies a powerful nemesis that reeked havoc with my person. It was the weather.

Coming from a tropical country, I have never experienced snow before. Like the fool I am, I did not really protect myself from the cold. I now am ill. Because of the dryness of the air, my throat is now sore and my nose is bleeding half the time. Its not easy trying to sing with the Niagara Falls up your left nostril.

I expected snow to be a little different. I thought snnow would be white and pretty and soft. It certainly does not look like the postcards I have seen. Its usually frozen, messy from the tyre tracks and brown. None of my photos will have any snow in it. Its just plain ugly.

Although I am much better now, I know, that outside the warmth and comfort of the home, it waits for me and if it has the chance, it will kill me. That is why it has made my hate list.

What are the other things on my list? Well they are, smokers, male chauvinists, environmentalists, and my own humanity. I hate all those things.

1 comment:

hwen said...

Ken Ming! Do take care and recover soon! I can't even sing properly with a blocked nose, apatah lagi with flu, sore throat and a nose that bleeds!

All the best with the chorale and the American weather. The fine Malaysian weather awaits your return, haha.

Sincerely, Hui Wen